Calculating with Commission Engine
Commission calculation is a complex process with a lot of different rules. Usually we have to deal with the following issues during the commission calculation:
- Sales processes are analyzed from the perspective of effectiveness. If effectiveness reaches a given level – the bonus or prize is calculated and given to the related employees.
- Different commission levels for different products, different product groups or for different customers.
- Complex motivators, bonus calculation algorithms, where sales representative’s position and their sales history play an important part.
- Algorithms which change in time – different from one sales period (year, quarter, month) to the next, associated with new staff, new agreement types, different logic, parameters depend on department.
- Factors / rules which are based on a different scope of data – different source, length of data – current month, previous month, current year.
- Source data of commission rules are different IT applications – data must be integrated, cleaned and filtered by employees or sales representatives.
The above situations were the reasons behind why Exence Global decided to introduce the given solution – Commission Engine.
Rules are testable with sample data. They are grouped in commission types and parameterized during phase of implementation. Rules could be managed, switched on / off, and treated as a simulation.
The logic of calculation is based on logical rule definition which use Drools Expert (rule engine widely know, founded by JBoss community). This can be easily changed.
Fast results of approved commision results in file format or exported to the target system (i.e. SAP).
Provide automated, clear and detailed information for everyone who needs it.
Manage mass printing of commission results for every person.
from source systems including SAP and CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com).
- Importing of input data from source systems including SAP and CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com).
- Fast and reliable commission calculations and commission simulations.
- Flexible and simple rule definition.
- Automated, clear and detailed information for contracts, projects or people as commission statements are printed, sent by post or sent by email.
- Fast results of approved commission results in file format or exported to the target system (i.e. SAP).
- The logic of calculation is based on logical rule definition which use Drools Expert (rule engine widely known, founded by JBoss community). This can be easily changed,
- Separated component which could be integrated in given IT Architecture by Mule ESB, WS, SAP IDOCs, SAP WS, CRM, JMS or database layer,
- Rules are testable with sample data. Rules are grouped in commission types and parameterized during phase of implementation,
- Rules could be managed, switched on / off, treated as a simulation,
- There is simple GUI to show calculation results for contracts, projects and people,
- Manage mass printing of commission results for every persons, send them to all addressees via post letters or emails,
- Possibility to export results manually by file or automatically as pay supplements or FI postings.
Have a question?